Redwater has a variety of recreation and sports groups thanks to our many community volunteers. Come check out our Meet the Community Night held annually in September to explore your options or to register for programs. For more information, please call the Community Services Office at 780-942-4101.
There is a Youth Subsidy Program available to Redwater residents to support families with children who may not otherwise have access to recreational, cultural and social program opportunities due to financial barriers or extraordinary living situations. Click here for further information.
During the winter season, the rink will be open daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- No one is permitted on the ice while the rink is closed.
- Parents, please encourage your children to respect these times. This is an unsupervised facility, use at your own risk. Parental supervision and proper safety equipment is strongly recommended.
During the summer months, skateboard equipment is located in the outdoor rink and space is also available for ball hockey opportunities.
- This is not a supervised facility. All users participate at their own risk.
- Parents are encouraged to supervise children accordingly. Appropriate safety equipment for the above activities is strongly recommended.
There are many parks situated within the community of Redwater. Many of these parks are named after a founding family. It is a great way to recognize the contributions these families have made to our community over the years. Each park offers a variety of equipment to play on, picnic tables and benches. At some locations there are also various sports pitches available.
Please follow this link to the Parks & Green Space Map.
Soccer pitches and baseball diamonds are located at the following locations:
- Ochre Park School - Ochre Park Road
- Redwater School - 51 Ave and 53 St
- Centennial Park - 52 Ave and 51 St
There is also a new skateboard park located in the south east corner of the Pembina Place parking lot inside the outdoor rink (4944 53 St).
Please note: The skateboard park is closed for the season as of October 16, 2020.
Regular curling nights are Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning at 7:30 pm. Curlers are welcome to use the golf club parking lot located on the west side of Pembina Place.
Redwater Curling Club
For more information contact Lawrence at 780-942-2878.