The Community Services Department strives to offer a wide array of events and porgrams for the community to participate in.
Preschool Recreational Skating
This program focuses on helping children gain confidence moving on the ice and to learn basic skating skills. Covid-19 protocols will be in place.
Children must wear CSA approved helmets; shin and knee protection is recommended; masks are optional at the discretion of the parent or guardian. A parent or caregiver over the age of 14 must accompany the child on the ice and must wear a mask and skates - a helmet is recommended and is optional for adults.
Cost is $58 per class; youth subsidies are available for Redwater residents who qualify.
Call the Community Services Office at 780-942-4101 for more information or download the poster.
You are invited to join in Kris Kringle and the Parade of Lights.
We are inviting residents, businesses and community groups to participate by registering with the Community Services Office to be a Parade of Lights Location and decorating your home or place of business for the event on Friday, December 4 from 5:30-8:30pm. Please see the Parade of Lights Location Registration Form for more details.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be hosting a drive-thru celebration on Friday, December 4 from 5:30-8:30pm in Pembina Place parking lot where they will be handing out treats, maps for the Parade of Lights locations and ballot for Redwater's Shining Stars chosen from the Parade of Lights Location Participants. The Redwater Food bank will also be on hand accepting donations throughout the evening.
There are multiple ways to participate:
- Register to become a Parade of Light Location by emailing the fillable form to email@example.com
- Donate a prize for Redwater's Shining Stars by contacting 780-942-4101
- Bring a donation for the food bank and drop it off during the event
- If you are a business advertise your business and special promotions (see registration form for more details)
- Stop by to see Santa and Mrs. Claus to grab some treats and a Parade of lights map along with a ballot to help us choose Redwater's Shining Stars
For more information or to register for the event please contact the Community Services Office at 780-942-4101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.